GATE 2021 Civil Engineering Paper Analysis: Level Was Easy To Moderate – NDTV

Sections
The GATE 2021 exam was Chemistry, Civil Engineering, and Instrumental Engineering was successfully conducted across the nation in the forenoon session—9:30 am to 12:20 pm today. The first day of the GATE 2021 exam began with a “easy to moderate” difficulty level of Civil Engineering paper. The official answer key and the question papers will be released by IIT Bombay soon.
Latest: GATE Sample Papers/Questions Papers with Solutions. Download FREE!
Don’t Miss: Preparing for GATE? Here are best tips by Experts, Check Now
Recommended: Gate Exam- An Complete Guide. Click Here

The overall difficulty level of the GATE 2021 Civil Engineering paper was moderate.
There were a total of 100 questions in the exam.
Quantitative Aptitude carried the maximum marks weightage of 15 marks.
Questions were included from Engineering Mechanics, RCC, Steel Structures, Fluid Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Structural Analysis, Open Channel Flow, Environmental Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Geomatics and Surveying, Engineering Maths, Construction Materials and Management, and Quantitative Aptitude.
MCQ’s and NAT Questions of the Engineering discipline were more or less equal in number.
The GATE 2021 exam, as per TIMES analysis, “All one-mark questions were easy. For the first time, two-marks questions from CMM were asked related to cost analysis (Bidding). Overall the Difficulty Level of the Paper was found to be Medium.”
GATE 2021 exam is being held in two shifts. The first shift starts from 9:20 am and ends at 12:30 noon, while the afternoon shift starts from 3 pm and ends at 6 pm. The examination will conclude on February 14, 2021.
A few additions have been done in the GATE 2021 exam pattern. All the candidates must consider the changes given below to prepare well for the examination:
The paper will be of the objective type comprising three patterns—Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), Multiple Select Questions (MSQs), and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions. For a wrong answer chosen in an MCQ, there will be negative marking, while for MSQ and NAT, there will be no negative marking for a wrong answer.
In GATE 2021, General Aptitude and Engineering Mathematics are compulsory sections in AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF and XE papers. These have 15 per cent weightage each in total marks. The remaining 70 per cent weightage will be given to the subject selected by the student.
In GATE 2021 question papers of code AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, ST and XL there will be a compulsory section of General Aptitude (15 per cent of the total marks). The remaining 85 per cent weightage will be given to the selected subject.
We endeavor to keep you informed and help you choose the right Career path. Sign in and access our resources on Exams, Study Material, Counseling, Colleges etc.
Help us to help you.

source

Leave a Comment