These are two different processes of manufacturing cement. wet process minerals are wet ground (by adding water) to form a slurry and then dried, dry process minerals are dry ground to form a powder like substance.Both the processes are in use and have their own advantages and disadvantages.While in wet process grinding is easier,in dry process there is a saving in fuel costs involved in drying up the slurry.
- Mixing of raw material in dry state in blenders.
- The dry materials exiting the mill are called “kiln feed”.
- Size of the kiln needed for manufacturing of cement is smaller.
- Difficult to control mixing of Raw materials, so it is difficult to obtain a better homogeneous material.
- Fuel consumption is low i.e., 100 kg of coal per tonne of cement produced.
- Cost of production is less.
- Capital cost is high due to blenders.
Also read :-
Subscribe & Watch Technical video’s related to civil engineering on our YouTube channel We Civil Engineers